1. If you wear flip flops while wrangling luggage, use extra caution. That would be my mistake and my little toe paid the price. There was blood involved.
2. Pack the fuzzy blankets. We normally do. The hotel only had one mildly fuzzy blanket and this caused a fuss between the boys.
3. Check the open/close times of places you will be visiting. Gosh, this one is a no brainer, right? I assumed the mall would be open but it did not open until 12:00. We wasted several hours because of that.
4. Pack the shelf stable milk. The Sassy Diva has to have her milk. I normally take the shelf stable single serve boxes with the straw on long trips. This trip was close to home and only one night, but I spent over $15 on milk on this trip and it is also a hassle to locate sometimes. We ended up getting it at Starbucks and ordering it from room service. Of course, the other kids wanted milk too.
5. Having a room with a balcony rocks! We spent well over an hour and half hanging out on the balcony, talking, people watching and looking at the lights of Dallas.