Last 3 Days Before Sailing List
As much as I would love to have everything done weeks before we leave, some things must be done at the last minute. This is our families personal check list of things that must be done before heading out.
2-3 Days Before
- Clean out vehicle, check fluids, and tire pressure
- Wash coolers and lunch containers
- Complete final shopping for road travel and packing needs.
- Place ice packs (for coolers) in freezer
- Load new apps, books, movies, and games to electronics.
The Day Before
- Double Check Packing List
- Do final Packing, adding all last minute items ( Hair dryer, new medications, etc.)
- Place Totes of Travel Ticket Treats in Vehicle.
- Place drinks in freezer/fridge to get cold
- Pack non refigerated snacks and place in car.
- Place luggage, strollers,blankets, and pillows into vehicle
- Plan route on GPS and place in vehicle with maps, atlas, sunglasses, and eyeglasses
- Charge kindle, camera, nook, video recorder, ds, and other devices and pack them into electonics bag with chargers.
- Take out the trash and straighten the house.
- Fill up gas tank.
- Get Cash from ATM or Bank. Make sure to have $1 bills for tips and change for tolls.
The Night Before
- Charge all phones and iPod. Keeping them in a central location, near the bag of prior packed electronics.
- Lay out clothing for the next day.
- Pack coolers with chilled drinks and snacks and place in car. (Add ice packs in the morning)
- Have the kids pack any items they are taking for fun and place in car.
- Go to bed early and set the alarm.
Morning of Travel
- Place ice packs in cooler.
- Make sure that you have all needed items in purse. (Keys, ID, Cash, Wallet, Credit Cards, Travel Documents)
- Place bag of electonic devices and chargers in the car.
- Get the kids up and in the car, don't forget special stuffed animals and car toys.