My mom and Joshua (9) quickly abandoned me and Amber (3) at the kiddie pool. It is a nice kiddie pool complete with 3 slides, lots of water spray areas, a couple of small fountains, and all sorts of pint sized fun. If that is not enough you can always count on kids to make their own kind of fun. For example, lying down and pretending you are dead. Always a crowd pleaser.
There is also a new ropes course located outside. It was open and I saw lots of kids and adults giving it a try but it was bit to windy and cool for me to venture out to see more of it. My mom spent most of her time in the lazy river. Joshua hung out with her until the "howl" that signaled the waves starting in the wave pool would sound and then he and half the people in the park would make a mad dash for the wave pool.
Honestly, I prefer outdoor water parks but as far as indoor parks go this is my favorite. Here are a few things you may want to know to make your next trip a blast.
Great Wolf Lodge Water Park Tips
2. No need to worry about sunblock- unless you are going to using the outdoor pool & hot tub
3. No outside food or drinks. There is a handy concession stand (huge amazing pretzels). You can keep drinks/snacks in your room and head up for a break at any time. I did keep a bottle of water in my beach bag- no one called me out on it but the good two shoes in me still felt guilty.
4. Get there early to steak your claim on a table, chairs or lounger so that your family can leave their towels and stuff and have a central meeting area. Early mornings and late evenings can be less crowded. Take advantage of the slides with shorter lines.
5. The do have lockers but we did not feel the need to use them.
6. The lazy river is small and not that lazy! You will float through and under sprays of water and people will dump buckets of water on your head. Use caution if you have young one who may not like that.
7. Take a waterproof camera for some great photos. We did not- I wish we had!
8. Two days of waterpark are included with your one night stay.
9. Relax and enjoy the fun.